Monday 10 October 2016

I Am Lily by Bee and Fatini

Hello everyone! This is a poem Bee and I wrote today. It describes Lily's point of view about her own insecurities and the emotion she harbors towards her mother. Her views might have changed as the story progresses but this poem is intended to capture her feelings in the very beginning of the story. Hope you like it!



I Am Lily


I am alone and unloved
I wonder what I have done ten years ago
I hear my mother's yells.... till now
I see a gun on the floor 
I want to demolish that memory from my head

I am alone and unloved 
I pretend my mother is here sometimes
I feel the longing of her love
I touch her arms and apologize
I worry that she doesn't love anymore
I cry because I don't blame her

I am alone and unloved
I understand my own father hates me
I say he is not my daddy but T. Ray
I dream of my mother forgiving me, kissing me in her arms
I try to believe it's real
I hope deep down, it is real

I am alone and unloved.








4 comments:

  1. Im so touched im literally crying inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying for real might make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete