Saturday 1 October 2016

Memories are treasure

Howdy peeps! So who can guess what I'm gonna talk about today? Okay, I'll give a few clues. What did you eat for breakfast? And what was the first breakfast you ever had? Oh my, can any of you answer the second one? So, any guesses? Well, lets just get straight to the point. Today's topic is about MEMORIES.

Memories. What are they actually? Well, they're basically what we remember and store in our brain. And the ability for our brains to store these memories (how many and the earliest memories) differ from someone to another. As for Lily in the Secret Life Of Bees, her earliest memory was on the day her mother died when she was only four years old. She remembers being in the room, watching her mother pack her stuff when T-Ray comes and they start fighting. The last thing she remembers is the sound of a gunshot. The saddest thing is that that memory of hers made her think that she was the one that killed her mother. Oh, poor Lily, having to live with such dark memories from such a young age.

What about my earliest memories. Well, to be honest I remember quite a lot from my childhood. I remember that I had already memorised my favourite story book at the age of three, Meg Mouse and Her Velvet Jacket. And I still remember what the story's about even though it was fourteen years ago! I also remember that I used to play doll house and dress up when I was around 5 or 6 years old. That's not all of it yet hahaha. My favourite childhood cartoons were Dora The Explorer, Peppa Pig, Timothy Goes To School, Fifi and the Flowertots and many more! Hahaha. I also remember the first movie that I cried to, Brother Bear. Wow, it looks like I remember quite a lot from such a young age!


One of my favourite childhood cartoons :)

Me at the age of two. I guess I was always a chubby girl haha :) 


So, I think that it depends on the person itself. Maybe I can remember stuff since I was three years old, Lily at the age four, and what about you? Different people have different abilities in storing memories. Whatever it is, I believe that memories are one of the most valuable treasures that one can possess, despite how sad or dark it is. Because that's the beauty of memories, even if ten people were at the same place at a particular time, all ten of them would remember different things. So yeah, memories are very precious and special! And I wouldn't do anything to change the memories that I have, because as I said just now, even the darkest memories are special in their own way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aisyah!
    Omg I used to love Timothy Goes To School as well!!!
    Anyway, if I were to have a bad childhood and all the memories I have are dark and depressing, do you think I'd end up like Lily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aisyah, my daughter loves Peppa Pig too.. and she was the one who discovered it herself from You Tube :D You have quite a good memory but of course sometimes the ones that effect us the most are those we remember by heart.

    Fatini, Our past shapes our future at times.. but I believe despite a dark past, there's nothing stopping people from having a bright one in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete